Notice of Reopening
We are pleased to announce that the Chihiro Art Museum Tokyo has reopened on Tuesday, May 25th, 2021, following temporary closure in order to prevent the spread of the COVID-19. We will take sufficient preventive measures according to relevant guidelines for our visitors’ safety.
We kindly ask you to read the following before your visit.
Temporary change in opening hours of the Chihiro Art Museum Tokyo
10:00-16:00 (until further notice)
Measures taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19
– An alcohol-based hand sanitizer placed at the entrance of the building as well as each exhibit room
– Regular disinfection of places frequently touched by visitors
– Museum staffs wear masks and/or face shields.
– Museum staffs conduct daily health checks and wash hands diligently.
Requests to our visitors
Please refrain from visiting our facilities if you meet either of the following criteria:
– You or someone close to you were infected with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
– You have a fever of over 37.5 °C, or other cold symptoms like coughing.
– You are in poor physical condition.
You are advised to:
– Fill in the visitor card before entering the museum.
– Wear a mask.
– Keep your hands clean by diligently washing and/or disinfecting them.
– Comply with the “cough etiquette” of properly covering your mouth with a mask or handkerchief when coughing or sneezing.
– Wait for a while before entering when crowded.
Requests to visitors in the exhibit rooms
– Please try to keep a distance of 1.5 meters from other visitors.
– Do not touch the exhibits including display cases.
Services and equipment suspended until further notice
– Toys and picture books in the Play Room
Note: Please feel free to bring your child/children’s favorite toys and picture books!
– Free rental of baby carriages and wheelchairs
– Storing baggage
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Future plans are subject to change depending on circumstances in Japan and overseas. Please check the latest information on the official website or Twitter account before visiting. Thank you for your understanding.